November 25, 2019
It’s been a very strong month for sales in Newmarket this November. With 5 days to go in the month, there has already been 109 sales reported of all housing types this November.
To put that into perspective, here’s how it stacks up compared to past years:
- Nov 2018 – 86 Sales – worst year in Newmarket real estate since 2001 for total sales
- Nov 2017 – 102 Sales (market bubble popped in Apr 2017)
- Nov 2016 – 134 Sales (white hot sellers market)
- Nov 2015 – 124
So, while this 109 number is stronger than last year, it’s still hard to say if we will see 2015/2016 numbers, but the market we are in now is very active and a little more balanced as Buyers have some control.
In our office, there is a lot of talk about an expected very busy spring market as there is a large group of buyers waiting for the right product to hit the market.
That said, I have buyers looking for the following:
- Newmarket: 4-bedroom detached home in old Newmarket up to $1.4m (if turn-key ready).
- Newmarket: 3/4 bedroom in Newmaket up to $650,000. Could be nice townhome or detached home, but do not want a lot of work to do.
- Newmarket: Detached 3/4 bedroom home in Old Newmarket that is under $800,000 with a decent yard that would be good for a dog. DO not want to have to do a lot of work.
- Mt. Albert: Looking for a 4-bedroom home in Mt. Albert that is under $800,000. Must be in good condition.
Posted by dtoombs at 6:36 AM
Posted in uncategorized